COVID-19 Advice for patients
Following updated Government advice regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19), We wanted to reassure you that we are doing everything we can to protect our patients and colleagues, including:
- Reducing the number of routine check-ups by cancelling patients from patients in vulnerable groups (and offering cancellation to anyone else who wishes to do so) to reduce the need to travel
- Avoiding aerosol-generating procedures (treatments using high-speed equipment that can produce droplets of moisture) and the treatment of vulnerable adults wherever possible
- Agreeing local arrangements for the provision of any essential NHS work that cannot be delayed and urgent dental problems
- Introducing new measures in practices to support social distancing, including reducing the number of chairs in each waiting room.
If you have an upcoming dental appointment, we are advising:
- Wherever possible, to attend your appointment unaccompanied
- To postpone treatment if you are a vulnerable patient. This group includes people over 70 years of age, pregnant women, and those with underlying health conditions
- To arrive for your appointment on time, to reduce the amount of time spent in the waiting room
- To follow social distancing guidelines to reduce the social interaction between people
- And to continue to follow general principles around handwashing and respiratory hygiene
If you are in a vulnerable group, please call your local practice for advice before attending your appointment.
With your help, we will be able to continue supporting our colleagues and patients and keep our practices open.
We offer a total dental care service either privately funded or in partnership with the NHS and dental payment plan specialists such as Denplan.
What's more, there's help for you out-of-hours if you need an urgent appointment - just call us on our normal number to access our emergency service.
© Copyright - Bridge House Dental Practice & Implant Centre